One line registration
Ends by 31/01/2018
Ends by 31/03/2018
Ends by 12/05/2018
Cancelation and refund
Ends by 12/05/2018
Welcome, if you have already registered, please login below.
The creation of the Brazilian Soil Science Society (SBCS) in 1947 was one of the most significant chapters in the history of soil science in Brazil. Its foundational meeting took place in October 1947, in the conference hall of the Agricultural Chemistry Institute of Rio de Janeiro. By the end of this meeting, the General Assembly approved the creation of SBCS. The new society was housed in the Agricultural Chemistry Institute until 1975, when the head office moved to the Agronomic Institute of Campinas, and an executive secretary was established. At the same time, the SBCS launched the Brazilian Journal of Soil Science (1977) and the SBCS bulletin (1976). In 1997, the head office was moved to its present location in the Department of Soils of the Federal University of Viçosa. In 2009, the Statutes of the SBCS were reformulated for the second time in order to adjust to the IUSS divisional and commissions structure.
During its 70 years of activities, integrated and maintained by more than 1,500 active members, working in institutions of all regions in Brazil and abroad, the SBCS has contribute to profound changes in the Brazilian agriculture, with research from society members. Based on this history, the SBCS is the most consolidated scientific society in Agricultural Science. The SBCS and its members are proud to contribute to the success of Brazilian agribusiness economy. It has the responsibility to disseminate the knowledge of Soil Science in Brazil.
© 2017 21st WCSS - All rights reserved
Sociedade Brasileira de Ciência do Solo (SBCS)
Departamento de Solos - Edifício Sílvio Brandão, s/n
Cx.P. 231 - Campus da UFV CEP 36570-900 - Viçosa-MG
Fone: +55 31 3899-2471 - email@example.com; www.sbcs.org.br